Sunday, February 9, 2014

Introducing Teacher: Maximilian A. Cole- How I got into Teaching?



I come from a long lineage of Nation Builders!  I am not just an educator, I'm a Nation Builder! Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, refers to all educators as Nation Builders due to their large part in developing the minds of students whom will one day lead a nation.  Therefore, after hearing about my grandmother's efforts in the classroom and observing my father's unwavering determination for academic enhancement I decided to enter into the challenging, yet rewarding endeavor of education (i.e. nation building). 


When an educator is capable of creating and effectively manifesting his or her own philosophy then the educator will have the opportunity to educate, entertain, and inspire all those who register for the course.  In pursuit to help students comprehend information I will provide after school tutoring, interact with parents, and become accessible through emails or telephone calls.  Lastly, as a professor, I want to be able to do my part by setting a good example with creativity, potent and well-rounded knowledge, and accessibility outside of the classroom.        


“It is the responsibility of every professor to teach in a manner that stimulates independent learning.”
~Maximilian A. Cole
 

1 comment: